Sunday, November 23, 2008

"If I only had a Brain!" by Debra Sanders

Let's go back to Oz for a moment. First of all, I just noticed my post of Nov. 16-- where I talk about Elizabeth Bennett, Susan Jones and the most remarkable Sally Shields of the famous Daughter-in-Law advice book...is cut off after Elizabeth's name. Where did it go??? I know I wrote it.

For the life of me, I've no idea where it went, nor how to make it return.

If this were not maddening enough...I tried to add to "blogs that I follow," so as to include my new found, above-mentioned friends. Now, I accomplished this task once, because I have Schuler's Monster listed. You think I could figure out how to do it again? I mean, really, how complicated can this be?

As you may notice, I now have FOUR confirmed followers of my blog (impressive number, don't you think?!): Rainbow Survivor, DIL, Elizabeth Bennett and....Ta DAH!!!!!: Me. I am now a comfirmed follower of my own blog.

Never mind that I WAS going to dazzle my imaginary readers out there utilizing the metaphor of Oz, the yellow brick road and all its characters to continue musing on the road to promotion and marketing hell....but, you know...metaphor, schmetaphor. Lets get right to the non-metaphoric point of how I am feeling right now:

Lion: I'd be brave as a blizzard...
Tin man: I'd be gentle as a lizard...
Scarecrow: I'd be clever as a gizzard...
Dorothy: If the Wizard is a wizard who will serve.
Scarecrow: Then I'm sure to get a brain

Ya think I'm shootin' too low here???

Nah...

If I figure out 1) how to link, 2) how to sign up to follow other people's blogs, and 3) how to publicize my own blog, THEN perhaps I will shoot beyond gizzard cleverness. Right now...even that seems a pretty darn high aspiration!!!

Keep on reading my three real and thousands of imaginary friends..... and remember:

A little bit of panache can go a long, long way! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Deborah, you are my favorite author in the world. I can not put your book down and as far as I'm concerned, you are also the funniest too! I am HONORED to call you my friend and I'm reading slowly because I don't want your book to ever end!!

    love, sally :-)
    http://www.thedilrules.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I am SO glad you are liking the book!!!! It is very strange to think about it being public and people actually READING it...so its comforting to get this feedback!!!! Thanks SOOOOO much!!!!! Keep me posted on your thoughts about it....

    Hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, at this time I wish I had a brain. My friend and I joke that we share one. The stress of the holidays on someone like us with a brain injury is immense! I have been too stressed to think to of the words to the "If I Only Had a Brain" song...

    But, there goes the Panache again... I don't know that knowing all the words would help me get that Panache. I would say I could sleep though it and get the Panache after it was over but that would kind of defeat the purpose. I need to be more positively focused. I am doing the best that I can. It will be good enough... Unfortunately those are not the first things that come to mind. I will just have to keep working on it.

    As I found my self cussing out the computer automated receptionist at my insurance company today I definitely realized that my Panache has left the building.

    Here is hoping for more Panache tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, at least you have 4 followers, I only have one *pout*. Where are these friends anyway?

    ReplyDelete